Gaelteanga runs classes each year over three terms which commence in September (Term 1),
February (Term 2) and Summer (Term 3).
- Gaelteanga’s teachers use a fun, learner-centered approach to teaching and we
that our course materials are the best available online.
- The focus in our classes is on spoken Irish and grammar is taught in context as
- The language is taught in a clear and accessible way and pair work and group
activities are used extensively to give learners an opportunity to participate in the classes
and to practise what they have been taught.
- Gaelteanga’s classes follow the Common European Framework of Reference for
Languages (CEFR), from level A1 to level C2 (see the above table).
- On completing a course, learners can take an online oral exam and gain a
choose to progress to the next term without taking an exam.
- A two-hour live online class each week for 10 weeks
- Course booklet containing all class material
- Access to online content for review and practice between classes
- Online content includes audio and fun interactive quizzes
- Full support throughout the course
- Content can be accessed easily from any device